7/29/2009

Bruno's Brother's Gospel Recording

The other day, I was checking the wards for possible patient stories when I was approached by a translator named Bruno. Bruno asked me whether I was Richard Brock, to which I responded truthfully. He proceeded to take hold of both my hands and politely began explaining that his younger brother was recording a gospel album. Somehow, Bruno had heard that I play guitar, and wanted to know whether I'd be willing to be recorded as the guitarist for this upcoming musical release.

I told him that it was a possibility but I'd need to hear the songs first. Finally having my hands returned to me, I asked him when he was planning to attempt this recording. "Today," he replied. I laughed, and told him we could reassess next week.

A day later an envelope was left for me at reception containing a CD-R with 5 tracks on it. The quality is not bad, though I do not know whether I have the time or the ability to help Bruno and his brother. We shall see.