11/13/2009

Ultimate!

Every Friday afternoon, after a long week of interviews, writing, and recording, I head out with the other active crew members of the ship to play Ultimate Frisbee. We usually have around 26 players and play on either the beach or a dusty football field - the latter is usually occupied with football players.

Whenever a round is started, the person launching the frisbee has to shout: "Ultimate!" It's a great way to end a week and start a weekend. I'm really going to miss playing it when I leave.

My friend and colleague PJ made a noble sacrifice a few weeks ago and, instead of playing, offered to take photographs of the rest of us playing. See his work below.


PJ is the best photographer I know. This is why.

"Ultimate!"

Local kids [right] got caught up in the action.

I think I may have fumbled this one.


"I've got it!"

"Catch it!"

C'est moi.